What is Blockchain Technology?
Blockchain technology is a system of recording information in a way that makes it difficult or impossible to change, hack, or cheat. A blockchain is essentially a digital ledger of transactions that is duplicated and distributed across an entire network of computers.
A blockchain system can hold all sorts of information such as purchase transactions, and key information like ownerships, links to media, and metadata.
Through such permanent information compilation, we are able to participate in the creation of new methods of finance known as deFi (decentralized finance), NFT(non-fungible tokens) marketplaces, and the creation of Metaverses.
Some notable examples of these are:
- The NFT marketplace Opensea.io (Running on Ethereum and Polygon Blockchains)
- MetaGames like Axie Infinity (Running on the Ronin Network)
- Decentralized Finance games like DefiKingdom (running on Harmony One Blockchain)
What is Harmony One?
Harmony (ONE) is a blockchain-based platform that aims to address the conundrum of achieving both scalability and decentralization without sacrificing either. Through the use of random state sharding, Harmony improves scalability and speeds up transaction and block generation. In addition, sharding allows for near-instantaneous transactions while avoiding network congestion.
Using an adaptive proof-of-stake (PoS) consensus mechanism; security, scalability, and simple and easy verification are all possible.
Harmony is able to minimize communication costs by signing transactions using an aggregate signature, allowing 250 or more validators to reach a consensus in less than two seconds.
Benefits of Using Harmony One
Harmony is getting a lot of traction because it addresses core blockchain concerns, is energy-efficient, has cross-chain capabilities, offers lower gas fees, and has a huge potential for nonfungible tokens (NFTs).
The network’s cross-chain capabilities open up some exciting possibilities for NFTs, which are secure digital art, video, and audio assets that may be transmitted on a blockchain network.
Moreover, cheaper gas expenses may make the network appealing to developers and artists interested in minting NFTs.
Harmony One Innovative Offering
The possibility for quick costless transactions makes it a wonderful place for developers to test their game ideas and deFi protocols. Harmony one is the home of renowned projects such as:
- Defira is a blockchain metaverse—the Defiraverse. It is a fusion of DeFi and GameFi, harnessing the synergies of both models to create a DeFi “super app” inside a fantasy game world, which hosts novel and engaging gameplay experiences that fully take advantage of the unique strengths of the blockchain medium. We aim to cultivate the Defiraverse as a multimedia franchise and valuable piece of intellectual property, which is owned and driven by a decentralized community and fandom.
- CryptoArcade– A cross-chain play to earn metaverse & NFT gallery combining 2D & 3D worlds w/ token-gated exclusives. Mobile, desktop & VR compatible.
- Mars Colony is a play to earn metaverse for Mars and beyond. Combining a video game with NFT ownership, a DeFi-based economy, DAO governance, guilds, and inter-blockchain colonies, we’re turning the metaverse into a world we’ve always wished existed.
Where can I find NFTs in Harmony One?
Along with such wonderful games and apps, we are also amidst a cyber renaissance through the creation of NFTs. NFTs are as important as Crypto Tokens, for NFTs are the prizes, exclusives, and collectibles that can be purchased with Cryptocurrencies. Harmony One is host to hundreds of wonderful artists and developers making their work available through the 3 main Nft Marketplaces in the Harmony One Network.
- daVinci.gallery is an “eco-friendly” NFT marketplace that supports the creation, buying, and selling of NFTs minted on Harmony. daVinci was created to enable a new generation of art and music.
- Metatr.one is a marketplace for artists & P2E games / 721 & 1155
- MADNFTTs is a community-curated NFT marketplace for Artists, Creators, Charities, DAOs, and anyone who wants to Make A Difference in the world.
How to get Harmony One Tokens?
The ONE token is utilized as a stake in the Harmony consensus model. Holders can earn block rewards and be rewarded for keeping the system running smoothly. The Harmony ONE token is also used to pay for all platform activities and amenities, including voting, transaction fees, gas fees, staking, and earning rewards.
The easiest way to get Harmony One tokens and participate in the Harmony One eco-system is through the crypto exchange Crypto.com (Referral Link).
Once your account is all set up, you can easily purchase the Harmony One Token and send it to your Crypto Wallet.
While many wallets can be used with the Harmony One Token the most common wallet is the MetaMask wallet.
Once downloaded all you have to do to see your tokens after sending them to your wallet address is add the Harmony One Network (Shard 0) through a website such as Chainlist.org.
Simply connect your wallet to chainlist.org, search for Harmony One, and click add network and your wallet will begin to show your Harmony One Tokens and will become available to use throughout the different projects and marketplaces that Harmony One has to offer.