Hello and welcome to the first of the month on the MabsArts blog. Today we will be discussing some thing to consider before purchasing your first design from an artist.
- Be sure of what you need. This means doing a bit of research so you can provide the artist with reference images to work from or trying your hand at your own design idea first.
- Do message artists and ask for their portfolios before you purchase.
- Do ask about an artist’s process and availability.
- Cut corners. If you have a design idea and an artist tells you that you need it in vector format to print it, go ahead and purchase that. Do not try to cut that corner because of money as it will come back to bite you in the future.
- Pay an artist to copy or mimic the style of another for a cheaper price, that’s just bad etiquette.
- Purchase the art of amateur artists hoping they will deliver the work of a professional, you will only be mad and disappointed when the work experience doesn’t work out.